Is the “Maintenance Required” Light on in your Toyota? Follow these steps to reset the light!
The Maintenance Required light is a feature intended to remind you when to have basic maintenance, such as oil changes, performed on your vehicle. Often times it ends up just being annoying. This guide walks you through the steps to reset it, using pictures. Just make sure that you actually do perform the suggested maintenance!
Another thing, make sure you don’t get it mixed up with the “Check Engine” Light, which can indicate a more serious issue. The Maintenance Required light looks like this:
Okay, once you’ve confirmed it is the Maintenance Required light, follow these steps:
- Turn the Key to the “Off” (Lock) position.
- Press and Hold the “Odometer Trip Reset” button.
- While holding the “Odometer Trip Reset” button, turn the key to the “On” position.
- Continue to hold the “Odometer Trip Reset” button until the “Maintenance Required” light blinks several times and then goes out.
- Once the “Maintenance Required” light is off, release the “Odometer Trip Reset” button.
You’re all set! I hope you found this helpful! Check out these posts for more maintenance guides and tips for your Toyota Sienna.