Hi, I’m Richard Tomlinsen! One of my passions is harvesting and making Delicious Maple Syrup!
Making Maple Syrup is a great family activity to engage in as soon as Winter starts to come to an end and Spring begins to emerge!
It’s not complicated and is loads of fun!
Listen to the Making Maple Syrup Song: Hard Maplin’
Where to Start?
Check out my free Making-Maple-Syrup-Quick-Guide-PDF “Cheat Sheet” to make harvesting and boiling maple syrup easy!
What Equipment do I Need?
Check out the Maple Syrup Resources Page for a list of free eBooks and other resources related to making Delicious Maple Syrup!
Making Maple Syrup is Fun and Easy!
These are the 5 steps in Making Maple Syrup:
- Identify a Maple Tree and start tapping when the temperature is above freezing during the day, and below freezing at night
- Drill a small hole in the tree and tap in a spile; the tree will start dripping sap immediately!
- Once you have collected enough sap, boil 5-gallons at a time over a wood fire or propane burner
- Stop boiling when the sap reaches 219°F.
- Bottle the delicious Maple Syrup while still hot and seal with canning lids or caps!
Click the Pictures below for more details on each step:
From the blog
Additional Articles in this Series on Maple Syrup Making!
These are the links to the other articles in this series:
- How to Tap Trees for Maple Syrup
- How to Boil Sap for Maple Syrup Outdoors
- 5 Reasons to Use a Propane Stove for Making Maple Syrup
- How to Use a Refractometer for Maple Syrup
- How to Perfect the Finishing Boil for Maple Syrup
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Maple Syrup Making
- What is the “Jones Rule of 86?” And How Can I Use it to Make Maple Syrup?
- Free Maple Syrup Jar Labels (Printable PDF)
- “How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast!”
Check out the Podcast!
Or listen in your browser:
Top 5 Lesser-Known Mistakes When Making Maple Syrup – How to Make Maple Syrup!
Watch Us on YouTube!