Here is a list of resources and links that I use for making Delicious Maple Syrup. I hope you find this helpful.
When you purchase items through links on this page, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. It allows me keep banner ads off of this website and pay the hosting fees, thank you!
Equipment for Making Maple Syrup
Below are links to the products and equipment I use and recommend for making Maple Syrup. Click the pictures for a link to purchasing information, current prices and more details.
Free Resources and eBooks
I’ve compiled this list of free resources related to making Maple Syrup available from around the web.
- North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual (PDF)
- 2nd Edition
- Ohio State University and The North American Maple Syrup Council
- 349 pages
- Very detailed and comprehensive Guide covering the History of Maple Syrup in North America, Maple Tree Varieties, Production Methods, Marketing, Selling and Maple Syrup.
- How to Make Maple Syrup – Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Practical Mechanic (this website!)
- 1 page
- “Cheat Sheet” with all the pertinent info for making Maple Syrup on one page. Includes tapping, boiling, and bottling.
- Maple: A Sap to Syrup Guide (PDF)
- University of Vermont
- 114 pages
- A Manual for Career and Technical Centers of Vermont
- Example Allergen Statement for Maple Syrup (PDF)
- Christine Anderson, Naturally Sweet
- 1 page
- How to Make Maple Syrup (PDF)
- Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources
- 2 pages
- Short guide on the methods for harvesting and boiling Maple Syrup.
Free Podcast – How to Make Maple Syrup!
Or listen in your browser: