Here is a list of resources and links that I use for making Delicious Maple Syrup. I hope you find this helpful.
When you purchase items through links on this page, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. It helps me pay the hosting fees, thank you!
- Spiles for Tapping Maple Trees
- Propane Boiler – (Curious why I use a Propane Boiler? Because Reasons!)
- 44 qt Boiling Pot or Boiling Pan or better yet, an Evaporator
- Wooden Stir Paddle
- Skimming Spoon
- Candy Thermometer
- Mesh Filters
- Synthetic Maple Syrup Filter
- Maple Syrup Bottles or Canning Jars
Equipment for Making Maple Syrup
Below are links to the products and equipment I use and recommend for making Maple Syrup. Click the pictures for purchasing information, current prices and more details.
Free Resources and eBooks
I’ve compiled this list of free resources related to making Maple Syrup available from around the web.
- North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual (PDF)
- eBook, 2nd Edition
- Ohio State University and The North American Maple Syrup Council
- 349 pages
- Very detailed and comprehensive Guide covering the History of Maple Syrup in North America, Maple Tree Varieties, Production Methods, Marketing, Selling and Maple Syrup.
- How to Make Maple Syrup – Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Practical Mechanic (this website!)
- 1 page
- “Cheat Sheet” with all the pertinent info for making Maple Syrup on one page. Includes tapping, boiling, and bottling.
- Maple: A Sap to Syrup Guide (PDF)
- University of Vermont
- 114 pages
- An eBook Manual for Career and Technical Centers of Vermont
- Example Allergen Statement for Maple Syrup (PDF)
- Christine Anderson, Naturally Sweet
- 1 page
- How to Make Maple Syrup (PDF)
- Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources
- 2 pages
- Short guide on the methods for harvesting and boiling Maple Syrup.
Additional Articles in this Series on Maple Syrup Making!
These are the links to the other articles in this series:
- How to Tap Trees for Maple Syrup
- How to Boil Sap for Maple Syrup Outdoors
- 5 Reasons to Use a Propane Stove for Making Maple Syrup
- How to Use a Refractometer for Maple Syrup
- How to Perfect the Finishing Boil for Maple Syrup
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Maple Syrup Making
- What is the “Jones Rule of 86?” And How Can I Use it to Make Maple Syrup?
- Free Maple Syrup Jar Labels (Printable PDF)
- “How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast!”
Free Podcast – How to Make Maple Syrup!
Click on the icons below to subscribe (and leave a review)!
Or listen in your browser:
Top 5 Tips for Boiling Maple Syrup Outdoors (Rebroadcast) – How to Make Maple Syrup!
In this episode of the “How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast,” I go through my top 5 tips for boiling Maple Syrup outdoors. While the concept of boiling maple sap is pretty straightforward, there are a number of tips and tricks that I’ve picked up over the years that can just make everything go a little smoother! I really hope that one or more of these tips can provide benefit for you as you boil your Maple Syrup this year! I may earn commissions for purchases made through the links in these show notes. Links such as these help podcasters like me to fund the free content we provide in our podcasts. This is the Propane Boiler I use as a Maple Syrup Evaporator: https://amzn.to/3I4vgIb Stainless Steel Boiling Pot 50qt: https://amzn.to/3I4HkZH Skimming Spoon: https://amzn.to/3s6Ai0Z Here’s a link to my YouTube Video on How to Make Maple Syrup in 4 Minutes: https://youtu.be/XoIB4nVL3ws Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Links to Free resources and ebooks on making Maple Syrup: https://practicalmechanic.com/maplesyrupresources I’d love to hear from you, leave me a voicemail! (Remember to answer the “Guess the Song Quiz!”) https://anchor.fm/how-to-make-maple-syrup/message Leave a review for this podcast, it helps get the word out! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-make-maple-syrup/id1596149713 Thanks for Listening to the: How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast Episode 018 Podcast Host: Richard Tomlinsen As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. — Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/how-to-make-maple-syrup/message Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/how-to-make-maple-syrup/support