Welcome to my resources page! This page links to handy quick reference lists, maintenance checklists, and the most common items I purchase online. Hope you find it helpful!
Quick Reference Guides
The following links are tools that I’ve either purchased or would like to purchase, and lists of supplies I use on these vehicles. This is a good reference list to come back to: my “Repository of Links” to my commonly purchased supplies. I’ll keep adding to this page as I come across additional helpful links.
Okay, here is the list!
Tools and Supplies I use:
The following is the list of tools and supplies that I use personally and/or recommend.
- Air Compressor – BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI
- Tire Inflator with Gauge Dial – Tire Inflator with Large Analog Pressure Gauge – 100 PSI
- Impact Wrench – Ingersoll Rand 231C Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench, 1/2 Inch
- Bearing Puller – Bearing Pusher-Puller Tool
- Slide Hammer – Slide Hammer Hub Puller Set
- Lubricating Spray – WD-40
- Wire Brush (Automotive) – Wire Brush
- Honda Power Steering Fluid – Genuine Honda Fluid 08206-9002 Power Steering Fluid – 12 oz.
- Toyota Power Steering/Transmission Fluid – Toyota Genuine Fluid Dexron III Transmission Fluid
- Honda Transmission Fluid – Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) DW-1
- Anti-Seize – Permatex 80078 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 8 oz.
- Torque Wrench – Torque Wrench – 1/2 inch Drive – TEKTON 24335 (10-150 ft.-lb./13.6-203.5 Nm)
- Brake Cleaner – CRC Brakleen Brake Parts Cleaner
- Jack Stands – Jack-Stands – Torin Big Red Steel Jack Stands: 2 Ton Capacity, 1 Pair
- Ratcheting Wrenches – Craftsman Ratcheting Wrench Set (20 Piece)
- AC Manifold Pressure Gauge Set – manifold pressure gauge set
- AC Vacuum Pump – Zeny Vacuum Pump
- Air Compressor – Craftsman 20 gal Air Compressor
- Ear Protection – Ear Mufflers
- All-Round Good Socket Set – DeWalt Socket Set General 3/8” drive
- Tool Bag – Stanley Tool Bag – 12″
- Screwdriver Set – Craftsman Set of Screwdrivers
- Floor Jack (Low Profile) Pro-Lift Hydraulic Floor Jack
- Motor Oil Mobil One – Motor Oil 5 qts (5W-30)
- Oil Filter – Toyota Corolla – Oil Filter Fram (PH4967)
- Oil Filter – Honda Accord – Oil Filter Fram (PH7317)
- Funnel (Oil) – Lumax LX-1602 Oil Funnel
- Oil Filter Removal Pliers – Tekton 5866 Oil Filter removal tool
- Crush Washers for ATF Change – Honda Accord – ATF Crush Washer – Honda Accord
- Long Funnel – Plews 75-068 Long ATF type Funnel
- Oil Drain Pan – Plews 750760 Drain Pan
- Engine Air Filter – Toyota Corolla – FRAM (9482) Engine Air Filter for Toyota Corolla
- Engine Air Filter – Honda Accord – FRAM (CA9564) Engine Air Filter Honda Accord
- Wiper Blades 24 – Rain-X 24” Wiper Blade
- Wiper Blade 18 – Rain-X 18” Wiper Blade
- Cabin Air Filter – Toyota Corolla – Toyota Premium Cabin Air Filter (CF10133)
- Jumper Cables <– Best Selling Jumper Cables on Amazon
- Jump Start Battery Pack – NOCO Portable Car Jump Starter Battery Pack – 12volt
Free Trial Offers:
I buy quite a bit of maintenance equipment and supplies off of Amazon. Nothing like ordering a tool or part on your lunch break, and having it delivered to your front door a couple days later while you are at work with free delivery. If you are short on dough and need a part fast with free 2-day delivery, you can sign up for the 30-day free trial. You can cancel anytime (it is easy and the don’t hassle you)!
Membership program offers special benefits beyond free shipping, including:
- Instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes
- Borrow Kindle books
- Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)
Awesome resource for audio-books, try it free, cancel anytime.
- Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows
- FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)
- Borrow Kindle books
- Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping (with no minimum order size)
- Exclusive deals and promotions for college students
- Great deal for students, I did this, and highly recommend
Vehicle Supplies Identification Tools
The following selection tools are where you enter your vehicle, year, and other information, and it gives you the correct part numbers for your car. Helps make sure you don’t buy the wrong thing!
Windshield Wiper Blades Selection Tool
Oil Filter Selection Tool
Engine Air Filter Selection Tool
Cabin Air Filter Selection Tool
Subscribe to the PracticalMechanic.com Mailing List and get updates on posts and helpful information!
Maintenance Articles on Toyota Corolla
For more information on Toyota Corolla maintenance, check out these articles: Maintenance Articles on Toyota Corollas
Maintenance Articles on Honda Accord
For more information on Honda Accord maintenance, check out these articles:
Maintenance Articles on Honda Accords