Wondering which engine air filter to buy for your Camry? You came to the right place. The chart below gives the correct part numbers for Toyota Camry engines by year.
The engine filter is a critical component in smooth and efficient operation of your Toyota Camry. The engine filter cleans the air your engine breathes. A dirty air filter can affect vehicle performance and fuel economy.
When you buy through links on this site, I may earn a commission, at no cost to you.
Toyota Camry Recommended Engine Filter by Year
When was the last time you changed your engine air filter? Toyota recommends changing the engine air filter every 15,000 – 30,000 miles.
The following table lists the part numbers for the correct Engine Air Filters for Toyota Camry’s from 2007-2021 with engine displacements of 2.4L (4-Cyl), 2.5L (4-Cyl), and 3.5L (6-Cyl). Click the part numbers to see price, availability and more information.
Engine Air Filter
|Year||2.4L (4-Cyl)||2.5L (4-Cyl)||3.5L (6-Cyl)|
How to Change the Engine Air Filter in a Toyota Camry
Changing the engine filter in a Camry is super easy. A dealer may charge you anywhere from $20-60 to perform this, but if you are the least bit mechanical, you can easily perform a filter change yourself.
Tools and Supplies Needed:
- Engine Air Filter (See Chart above for correct Part Number)
Some older Camry’s require a 10mm wrench to remove the housing, but most just have two latches that requires no tools.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Change the Engine Filter in a Camry
1. Pop the hood and locate the engine air filter housing. (It is a black plastic box with large tubes coming from it.)
2. Pop Open the Latches on the filter housing and lift the top.
3. Remove the old engine filter.
4. Clean out any sand, dust, dead insects, or debris. Vacuum if necessary.
5. Put in the new air filter in the same orientation as the previous one.
6. Close and latch the filter housing.
7. Close the hood
I hope you found this information useful.
Check out this post on the recommended oil and oil filter for your Toyota Camry.