Hi, I’m Richard Tomlinsen! One of my passions is harvesting and making Delicious Maple Syrup!
Making Maple Syrup is a great family activity to engage in as soon as Winter starts to come to an end and Spring begins to emerge!
It’s not complicated and is loads of fun!
Listen to the Making Maple Syrup Song: Hard Maplin’
Where to Start?
Check out my free Making-Maple-Syrup-Quick-Guide-PDF “Cheat Sheet” to make harvesting and boiling maple syrup easy!
What Equipment do I Need?
Check out the Maple Syrup Resources Page for a list of free eBooks and other resources related to making Delicious Maple Syrup!
Making Maple Syrup is Fun and Easy!
These are the 5 steps in Making Maple Syrup:
- Identify a Maple Tree and start tapping when the temperature is above freezing during the day, and below freezing at night
- Drill a small hole in the tree and tap in a spile; the tree will start dripping sap immediately!
- Once you have collected enough sap, boil 5-gallons at a time over a wood fire or propane burner
- Stop boiling when the sap reaches 219°F.
- Bottle the delicious Maple Syrup while still hot and seal with canning lids or caps!
Click the Pictures below for Detailed Articles on each step (Just getting started? Start from left to right!):
From the blog
Get Your Maple Syrup T-Shirt!
Click the links below to view our Maple Syrup T-shirts on Amazon.com!
Additional Articles in this Series on Maple Syrup Making!
These are the links to the other articles in this series:
- How to Tap Trees for Maple Syrup
- How to Boil Sap for Maple Syrup Outdoors
- 5 Reasons to Use a Propane Stove for Making Maple Syrup
- How to Use a Refractometer for Maple Syrup
- How to Perfect the Finishing Boil for Maple Syrup
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Maple Syrup Making
- What is the “Jones Rule of 86?” And How Can I Use it to Make Maple Syrup?
- Free Maple Syrup Jar Labels (Printable PDF)
- “How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast!”
Check out the Podcast!
Or listen in your browser:
Top 5 Tips for Boiling Maple Syrup Outdoors (Rebroadcast) – How to Make Maple Syrup!
In this episode of the “How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast,” I go through my top 5 tips for boiling Maple Syrup outdoors. While the concept of boiling maple sap is pretty straightforward, there are a number of tips and tricks that I’ve picked up over the years that can just make everything go a little smoother! I really hope that one or more of these tips can provide benefit for you as you boil your Maple Syrup this year! I may earn commissions for purchases made through the links in these show notes. Links such as these help podcasters like me to fund the free content we provide in our podcasts. This is the Propane Boiler I use as a Maple Syrup Evaporator: https://amzn.to/3I4vgIb Stainless Steel Boiling Pot 50qt: https://amzn.to/3I4HkZH Skimming Spoon: https://amzn.to/3s6Ai0Z Here’s a link to my YouTube Video on How to Make Maple Syrup in 4 Minutes: https://youtu.be/XoIB4nVL3ws Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Links to Free resources and ebooks on making Maple Syrup: https://practicalmechanic.com/maplesyrupresources I’d love to hear from you, leave me a voicemail! (Remember to answer the “Guess the Song Quiz!”) https://anchor.fm/how-to-make-maple-syrup/message Leave a review for this podcast, it helps get the word out! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-make-maple-syrup/id1596149713 Thanks for Listening to the: How to Make Maple Syrup Podcast Episode 018 Podcast Host: Richard Tomlinsen As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. — Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/how-to-make-maple-syrup/message Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/how-to-make-maple-syrup/support
Watch Us on YouTube!